It’s a book!
Today is the official publication date for Basic Nest Architecture. If you’ve pre-ordered copies, they should be winging their way towards you forthwith (one friend suggested a Raven delivery system, but I think most of them will just be Royal Mail, due to the birds’ tendency to re-purpose them as nest material – apt enough but not helpful for readers).
If you’d rather buy a copy in person and get it signed, I’ll be trotting round with a load and a good pen at StAnza Poetry Festival this coming weekend, and I’ve got a few events coming up to take it for a spin:
- Reading at Vespers, The Serenity Cafe, Edinburgh, Tuesday March 14th 2017.
- Launch at Lancaster Litfest, 1pm, Saturday March 25th 2017.
- Reading at St. Mungo’s Mirrorball, The CCA, Glasgow, Thursday May 4th, 2017.
- Vanguard Readings, The Peckham Pelican, London, Thursday May 18th, 2017.
As well as the formal launch at Litfest, we’re having a less formal book celebration party – a book christening? – with drinks, nibbles, guest readers and music at Grasmere Tithe Barn, May 20th 2017, 7.30-10pm.
Jack Nicholls will be reading from his Emma Press pamphlet Meat Songs, Megan Beech will pre previewing her forthcoming Burning Eye pamphlet and we’ve managed to divert Jenn Grant and her band to Grasmere on her UK tour for her new album Paradise, out March 3rd, for the night, which will be a real treat.
RSVP and more info here.
- Guest Poet at The Garsdale Retreat, ‘Writing The Land: Crafting Poems from Inspired Communion’, Sedbergh, Wednesday August 23rd 2017.
- Reading for Caught by The River at The Good Life Experience, Hawarden Estate, Flintshire, Saturday September 16th, 2017.